Let’s see the worst course learning outcome that you can create. Finish the following sentence, but do it as poorly as possible:
Upon successful completion of this course, the students will be able to ____________________
Here are some tips for doing a poor job:
- Use one of the sinister 16 verbs “The students will appreciate…”
- Write it out in multiple sentences, even though it’s only supposed to be half of a sentence.
- So much jargon: “The students will be able to homologate the fulcrum of conventional biometriconomics through bitcoin.”
- Way too broad: “The students will be able to explain physics”
- Way too specific: “The students will be able to answer question 5 on page 142 of the textbook.”
- Add your own awful and ineffective practice!
Come on out and do your worst.
Featured image: “Bad” flickr photo by nathanmac87 https://flickr.com/photos/nathanmac87/7571070554 shared under a Creative Commons (BY) license